Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Sound of Music

Okay, this is my first completely unrelated post as I don't feel like blogging about Stuck Rubber Baby or the mini-comics.So I will speak briefly about some of my favorite music, video game and anime music. Yes, I know I am a nerd but not much of the popular stuff around nowadays appeals to me. In fact, I think it's all quite shitty--mass marketed and processed in a box to the lowest common denominator. Pop nowadays is shallow and superficial, lip-synced to by any pretty slut. Hip-hop and R&B is just repetitively annoying, with meaningless obscenity thrown in and degrading videos of more sluts. Thus I have resorted to video game and anime music.



Anyways, here's an example of a very talented pianist playing a song from Bleach. I haven't seen Bleach, though it's supposed to be one of the most popular anime, but I plan on it. I mainly put this up because I want to learn this song one day--it's rather uplifting and fast-paced. My favorite music incorporates piano or is all piano as I just have an affinity for piano music. I took lessons for about a year and a half and have taught myself some Final Fantasy X songs. Classical music won't be in my repertoire.



This is from Super Smash Bros Brawl, the newest in the popular Nintendo fighting games. I still haven't played it unfortunately, but I intend to--it looks awesome. I've heard it's more n00b-oriented, so hopefully I'll do better at Brawl than Melee. Originally though, this song was from some Kirby game which I'm too lazy to look up and it's the theme for one of his enemies, MetaKnight. Metaknight, I've heard, is a pretty good character in Brawl and he looks basically like Kirby in armor with a sword.

Yeah, I don't watch YouTube videos, I listen to them.

No comments: